There is a specialist group of physiotherapists who have advanced training in these areas, the Pelvic obstetric and gynaecology physiotherapists (POGP) CSP
POGP are physiotherapists who have a special interest in women and men’s health. Rosemary Lillie is a member of this organisation.
Areas of specialty include:
- The physiotherapeutic care of women in relation to childbirth, both antenatally and postnatally
- The conservative treatment of bladder and bowel incontinence for men and women
- The treatment of musculo-skeletal conditions both during pregnancy, and immediately postnatally.
- The treatment of pelvic pain.
Common conditions relating to pregnancy & childbirth
- 1 in 3 women experience low back pain during pregnancy whilst 1 in 5 experience pelvic girdle pain.
- Other associated problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, incontinence are also common.
- Bladder and bowel problems including, incontinence, urgency and frequency.
- Rectus divarification (separation of abdominal muscles).
Our Physiotherapy Clinic Services
The West Wimbledon Physiotherapy Clinic aims to provide a selection of services to maintain and enhance health and wellbeing. Although primarily a physiotherapy clinic, a range of other treatments are available.