Massage therapy is manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. There are dozens of types of massage therapy methods .
People seek massage therapy for a variety of reasons – to reduce stress and anxiety, relax muscles, rehabilitate injuries, reduce pain, and promote overall health and wellness.
Types of massage therapy
There are several types of massage available at the clinic including:
- Holistic or Relaxation massage – also known as Swedish massage
- Sports or Rehabilitative massage – also known as deep tissue, medical, therapeutic or clinical massage
- Traditional Thai massage (Combined Yoga & Shiatsu)
- Hot Stone massage, using hot stones to relax deep muscle tension
- Indian head massage
We also offer
- Reflexology (a system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.)
- Hopi Ear candling An Native American treatment that aims to draw out excessive ear wax
Our Physiotherapy Clinic Services
The West Wimbledon Physiotherapy Clinic aims to provide a selection of services to maintain and enhance health and wellbeing. Although primarily a physiotherapy clinic, a range of other treatments are available.