Do you suffer from any of these symptoms?
- Being unable to open the mouth comfortably
- Clicking/popping/grating sounds in the jaw joint
- Locking of the jaw when attempting to open the mouth
- A bite that feels uncomfortable or “off”
- Neck/shoulder/back pain
- Dull/aching pain in jaw joint
This could be due to a problem with the Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ). It’s estimated that 1 in 4 people suffer from TMJ disorder (British Dental Health Foundation).
Temporomandibular joint diseases can cause pain in the area of the jaw joint and associated muscles, both or just one of the joints may be affected. They can affect a person’s ability to speak, eat, chew, swallow and even breathe.
TMJ massage can help sufferers of this condition to minimise their pain, as disorders of the TMJ muscles are the most common complaints by TMJ patients.
Our Physiotherapy Clinic Services
The West Wimbledon Physiotherapy Clinic aims to provide a selection of services to maintain and enhance health and wellbeing. Although primarily a physiotherapy clinic, a range of other treatments are available.